The Faculty of Engineering has the development of our study programmes as a special area of focus. The development is based on the The Engineering Education Model of the University of Southern Denmark, which, among other things, is concerned with project and problem based learning. Engineers from the Faculty of Engineering know both the why and the how; how do we translate knowledge into specific solutions of value to both industry and society.
To support and strengthen this development the faculty has established a position as educational advisor. The primary functions of the advisor are:
- Documentation and collection of results from educational development projects at the faculty
- Dissemination of the results both internally between the faculty’s study programmes and externally to other faculties at the University of Southern Denmark, partners, colleagues and the public
- Internal dissemination of educational research in the form of articles and other documents from national and international conferences
- Faculty representative in University of Southern Denmark’s Centre for University Teaching
- Participation in educational interinstitutional networks such as Danish Centre for Engineering Education
- Development and organisation of educational course activities
- Educational sparring with faculty teachers
- Development and maintenance of educational tools
- To assist teachers in connection with the drawing up of different team role profiles.
Please contact Educational Advisor Jørgen Bro Røn: Tel. +45 6550 7391