Janne Liburd, Professor of tourism and head of SDU’s multidisciplinary Centre for Tourism, Innovation and Culture, SDU
- My professorial dissertation contributes significantly to the debate about the being of the university by ambitiously uncovering and reclaiming the very aims and freedom of the university through collaboration. Collaboration for sustainable development drives my engagement with SDU Collab 😊
- I am internationally recognized as a Sustainability Leader.
- I serve as 2015- 22 the Chairman of the Board of the UNESCO World Heritage Wadden Sea National Park. Appointed by the Danish Minister of the Environment.
- I have developed the field of sustainable tourism co-design. Maximizing the research impact of co-design is not simply a question of introducing new methods. It involves building capability, trust and ownership with - not for - others such that the innovation is sustainable in the long term.
- I have published more than 100 peer reviewed articles and book chapters, most of which are on tourism and sustainable development https://orcid.org/0000-0002-3884-6728.
Link to a video about sustainable tourism development (in Danish)