SDU wishes to work with all of the UN's 17 SDGs based on the free, critical and independent research and education.
This means that in relation to research and knowledge collaboration we:
- Respect the individual's freedom of research in accordance with the Danish University Act and consequently the right to choose the subject and method of research.
- Promote the UN's SDGs as a theme for interdisciplinary research work.
- Strengthen the knowledge collaboration on the UN's SDGs with civil society, NGOs, companies, public organisations and other educational institutions.
This means that in relation to education and lifelong learning we:
- Provide students with education in knowledge, skills and motivation to work with the challenges behind the UN's SDGs.
- Develop and initiate educational initiatives that support citizens’ opportunities for ‘lifelong employability’.
- Mobilise and engage young people in working with the UN's SDGs.