Scandinavian Area Studies comprise three main subjects, which cover the culture, history and society of the Scandinavian welfare state, and a varying number of elective subjects related to these three subjects. Elective subjects are offered in rotation.
The three main subjects are:
1. The History of the Scandinavian Welfare State
2. Scandinavian Welfare Culture
3. The Scandinavian Welfare Society.
Examples of elective subjects:
- Crime Fiction in the Scandinavian Welfare State
- Gender, Family and the Nordic Welfare Model
- Nordic Democracy
- Social Democracy and Scandinavian Society
- Scandinavian Moments of World Fame
- Scandinavian Modern Design – Design and Society
- Happiness in the Danish Welfare State