Citizens from EU/EEA countries or Switzerland are obliged to pay a fee for the courses they attend if they do not have a preapproval from any Danish or a formal nomination for exchange from an SDU exchange partner university.



This course offered by the Faculty of Arts costs 2.400 DKK (approximately 320 €).


NON-EU students:

This course offered by the Faculty of Arts costs 3.850 DKK (approximately 513 €).


All non-EU/EEA/Swiss citizens (including students holding a British national overseas passport) are liable to pay the non-EU/EEA/Swiss citizens fee.


Exempt from payment of tuition fees are students:


  • Exchange students do not pay tuition
  • Students doing a full degree with an EU/EEA or Swiss citizenship
  • Students doing a full degree with a non-EU/EEA citizenship who hold a permanent residence permission do not pay tuition.
  • Students doing a full degree with a non-EU/EEA citizenship who hold a temporary residence permission "with a view to/possibility of" being granted permanent residence in Denmark do not pay tuition. Your residence permit must state: "mhp. varigt ophold" or "mmf varigt ophold".
  • Children of workers from non-EU/EEA countries having been granted a residence permit pursuant to Section 9M of the Danish Aliens Act and whose parents have been granted residence permits pursuant to Section 9A of the Danish Aliens Act.
  • Students who have a permanent residence permit in one of the Nordic nations (Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland or Iceland)*
  • Students with a residence permit granted on the basis of family reunification (if the permanent residence is in Denmark)

If you wish to apply for an exemption of tuition fees, you must document your residential status by submitting a copy of your residence permission or passport with your application.


*NOTE: the country, which issued your permanent residence permit, may revoke your permit if you leave the country to live somewhere else. It is your responsibility to research the consequences of your relocation to Denmark. If your permanent residence permit is revoked you will have to pay tuition fees like all other non-EU/EEA citizens.

To give you the best possible experience, this site uses cookies Read more about cookies

Accept cookies