Please apply for admission to SDU International Summer School 2019 through our online application system (open from 1 February, 2019).
Application deadline is 1 June, 2019.
As a general entry requirement, you must have completed two years of studies at university level within a relevant field of study (engineering, science, health sciences). You must also meet the individual course prerequisites listed under each course description.
- English language skills equivalent to the Danish B level in English (see section below)
Selection of students
We will try to welcome as many qualified students as possible. If, however, the number of qualified external applicants exceeds course capacity, we will select in the following order:
- Undergraduate exchange students from partner universities
- International undergraduate guest students
- Graduate exchange students from partner universities
- International graduate guest students
- Undergraduate students from other Danish schools/universities
- Graduate students from other Danish schools/universities
- Ph.D. students from partner universities abroad
- Other international Ph.D. students
- Other applicants
In each group students are prioritized on a “first come first serve” basis, i.e. according to the time we receive your complete application. In case a course is filled up, we will try to offer an alternative. All final decisions about admission will be sent out around mid-June 2019.
For International students
Please make sure to submit the following signed documents through our onlline application system:
- Grade transcript in English
- Language Requirement Form
- Copy of your passport
- Nomination from partner university (exchange students)
Nomination as an exchange student
If your home university has an exchange agreement with us, please check if you can get nominated through your international office.
If you are nominated by your home university, you do not have to pay tuition fees.
Please find the list of all our exchange partners here.
You must have documented English skills, compared to the Danish B level in English to follow courses offered in English.
International students can document them in one of the following ways:
- by providing a signed Language Requirement Form (exchange students only)
- by providing your secondary school leaving certificate (min. 210 hours at high school level) if you are an EU/EEA, Nordic or Swiss citizen
- IELTS score of min 6.5 or a TOEFL score of min 575/230/88.
If your home university is an exchange partner with the University of Southern Denmark, please ask your international coordinator to sign the Language Requirement Form.
- Tuition fees for guest students
For Danish students
SDU Students - own study program
As an SDU student applying for the SDU Summer School courses offered by your own study programme you must register for the course by using the Student self-service, just like any ordinary course.
Course registration is open from 20 - 30 May, 2019.
The Summer School courses follow the same rules as ordinary semester courses. This is important if you change your mind regarding participation, get ill during the course etc.
Students at other Danish institutions
Students at other Danish schools or universities are welcome to apply if they meet the prerequisites.
If the summer course can be pre-approved for credit transfer to your current degree, you will not be charged tuition.
If you take the course as an additional course or as continuing education, you will need to pay tuition.
Please apply for admission through our online system and submit your pre-approval from your home university (if applicable).
- Pre-approval for credit transfer (“forhåndsgodkendelse) from your Study Board
- Transcript of records
Your Academic Study Board will only give you credit for a subject/course if its academic content lies within the framework of your curriculum. We recommend that you contact your Study Board well in advance to allow enough time to get your approval.