As a general rule, all non-EU/EEA citizens must pay an application deposit fee of 100 EUR when applying for admission to a Master's programme at SDU (for a list of exemptions, see below). You must pay the fee before you submit your application for admission.
Before you pay the fee
As the application deposit fee is non-refundable, please make sure that you know our general admission procedure before you pay. Please note the early application deadlines for non EU/EEA citizens without a Danish residence permit (February 1 / September 1).
Be aware that as a non-EU/EEA citizen, you must be able to present your Bachelor's diploma or confirmation of graduation by May 15/December 1. Also be aware that SDU offers a very limited number of scholarships to cover tuition fees.
How to pay the fee
- To pay the fee, use the link below.
- Upload the email receipt to your application – please note that we do not accept a screen shot of the email.
Do you hold a Danish residence permit or education?
In some cases a Danish residence permit or Danish education will exempt you from paying the application deposit fee.
If you are exempted from paying the fee, you must upload a scan of your residence permit including the letter, which describes the legal basis of the permit or relevant diploma(s) in the application portal.
Terms of payment
- If you fail to pay the application deposit fee or prove that you are exempted, your application(s) will be rejected.
- You must pay the application deposit fee even if you have been a student in the programme before. This does not, however, apply to students requesting a re-enrollment (as opposed to new admission) or students who have already paid tuition fees covering all semesters of the programme.
- If you pay the fee or apply after the deadline, we will not refund your fee.
- If your application results in admission to SDU, the fee will be deducted from your first tuition fee payment. If you decline the offered study place or fail to pay tuition, the application deposit fee will not be refunded. If you receive a scholarship, you will receive a refund after June 15.
- The fee is non-refundable for all reasons except being granted a scholarship.