If you don’t fulfill the entry requirements of the programme, you may still be eligible for admission, under the condition that you follow one or more supplementary courses. You can follow supplementary courses before or after study start.
Supplementing after study start
If you only miss a single course of maximum 5 ECTS to fulfill the entry requirements, you can be admitted under the condition that you follow a relevant bachelor level course while doing the first semester of the master’s. In this case the following conditions apply:
- You must pass the course no later than March 1st, that is six months after study start.
- You can only be admitted if SDU offers a relevant course during the fall semester.
- You have to pay tuition for the course. The tuition fee is according to rate group 3 in this overview of tuition fees for single courses.
To be admitted, you have to apply for regular admission to the programme.
Supplementing before study start
You can also apply for admission to a supplementary course running before study start. This is an option if you have a relevant degree, but lack a number of specific courses of a total maximum of 30 ECTS to fulfill the entry requirements. If you are admitted to a supplementary course, you are guaranteed admission to the Master’s as soon as you pass the supplementary course. When supplementing before study start, the following conditions apply:
- You must pass the supplementary course no later than October 1st, that is a month after you start the Master’s. This means that you will have two examination attempts.
- You can only be admitted, if SDU offers relevant courses during the spring. You can however follow one course of maximum 5 ECTS after study start (see above).
- You have to pay tuition for the supplementary course. The tuition fee is according to rate group 3 in this overview of tuition fees for single courses.
To be admitted, you have to apply for admission to a supplementary course in the online application portal DANS. You have to apply between December 15th and December 31st. Once you have applied, we will assess what specific courses you need to need to follow. We will answer your application in January.
In your application you need to add:
- You bachelor’s diploma including a transcript of records
- Course descriptions
- Proof that you fulfill the English language requirements