Master of Science in Engineering (Product Development and Innovation) is a graduate engineering programme, which combines engineering with social science. A strong engineering background with real integration of marketing, management and business development aspects linking up to an assessment of new technologies creates a perfect background for educating project managers, who can take care of a part of or the entire product development process.
Product Development and Innovation (PDI) graduates are qualified to obtain jobs within three main directions:
- Management of cross functional projects in global distributed networks requiring technical knowledge and analytical skills as well as a managerial approach to complex problems and structures.
- Development of business opportunities as entrepreneurs or intrapreneurs based on competencies within a particular specialization.
- Academia as either a PhD or an industrial PhD and further career opportunities at the university as a researcher.
The profile more specifically qualifies graduates to:
- Obtain jobs in the area of integrated product development and design.
- Design-led engineer: creating value in products and services, where unique features are integrated into the products based on user-experience based design.
- Take on Product Management jobs, where technical knowledge, organizational understanding and competencies in marketing are needed at a high international level
- Take on Project Management jobs, where design engineering may be done in distributed team or production networks.
- Running technology-intensive innovation processes as an intrapreneur
- Entrepreneur starting new ventures based on the discovery of new business opportunities in a local or global technology-driven market place.