The main focus of all engineering programmes at University of Southern Denmark is professional ability and the programmes are all rooted in research and development environments of a high international standard.
You acquire the ability to:
- think and work in a problem-based, project-oriented and interdisciplinary way
- work independently as well as in teams
- manage and be in charge of a project
- to employ your strong analytical and problem-solving skills solve tasks in an international and social context
- exploit your knowledge about the needs of the business world and experience in working with high-tec companies.
Apart from acquiring general competencies, the students must be able to solve complex technical problems and to design and implement complex technological products and systems in a social context. For engineers in environmental technology, this means that they must:
1. be able to develop , design, plan , modify and optimize process plants, especially waste sorting and treatment plants and, industrial wastewater treatment plants.
2. determine and optimize products, processes and production based on the particular resource and environmental considerations.
5. be able to carry out advisory and consultancy services by having the specific competencies offered in the field of education: System Analysis (Life Cycle assessment (LCA)), power system optimization, Cleantech (cleaner technologies) in relation to products and processes and Waste Planning and optimization of resource utilization in the community perspective.
With a master of science in engineering degree in Environmental Engineering you will have the following competencies:
- Ability to take part in the company’s environmental work and contribute specialist knowledge to the company’s development of environmentally efficient products and processes
- Ability to take part in the public inspection and regulation of environmental factors
- Ability to dimension, plan and advise on sewerage, soil, water and waste on a scientific basis
- Ability analyse and assess environmentally related problems by means of research-based methods and techniques
- Ability to conduct system description/mapping, analysis/assessment, setting priorities, synthesis, communication and management in respect of environmental factors
- Knowledge on a par with the highest level of international research within one or more academic fields covered by the study programme’s subject columns
- Ability to identify scientific problems within academic fields covered by the study programme’s subject columns.
A master degree in Environmental Technology qualifies you to apply for and study a PhD programme.
Find detailed information on curriculum and course descriptions.