SDU and Università degli Studi di Ferrara (Italy) have agreed upon setting up a Double Master Degree, making it possibly to obtain a MSc in Environmental and Resource Management from SDU and a Laurea magistrale in Economia, mercati e management, track Green Economy and Sustainability from Università degli Studi di Ferrara.
The purpose of the double master degree is to prepare students for the global labour market. The M.Sc. in Environmental and Resource Management is focused on issues regarding the possible solutions for the environmental challenges of tomorrow. The program combines theory and practice, and the students will develop leadership skills from practical experience with project management, which will be useful in the students’ future careers. The complementation of Green Economy and Sustainability, will further provide the students with interdisciplinary abilities, enabling them to address issues related to the economy transition, such as eco-innovation, green economy and sustainable development. In addition, challenging eco-policy issues - from both national and international perspectives - are revised. With this integrated background, the graduates from the program will be well equipped to work within both national and international organizations.
The first year of the program will be engaged at SDU, Denmark, where after the second year will be located at UNIFE, Italy (see below for details). SDU will be able to send up to five students each year. Applications can be forwarded to the Study Board where they will be selecting the candidates based upon motivations and background. Deadline for the application is October 1st.
The accommodation possibilities at UNIFE are listed on this institutional webpage whereas the orientation sessions and incoming students’ procedures are shown on this webpage.
Double Degree Curriculum
The double degree Master of Science in Environmental and Resource Management required from SDU and Master of Science in Economics, Markets and Management, track Green Economy and Sustainability required from Università degli Studi di Ferrara (UNIFE) is a two year full time study. The first year is at SDU, Campus Esbjerg, whereas the second year accommodated at UNIFE, Ferrara, Italy.
The combined program consists of 60 ECTS compulsory courses:
- Research forum, 3.75 ECTS at SDU
- Environmental chemistry, 3.75 ECTS at SDU
- Sustainability, 7.5 ECTS at SDU
- Resource characterization and conversion technologies of resources, 7.5 ECTS at SDU
- Project management, 7.5 ECTS at SDU
- Multivariate data analysis, 7.5 ECTS at SDU
- Holistic design for sustainability: Systems, processes and products, 7.5 ECTS at SDU
- Innovation management, 7.5 ECTS at SDU
- Advanced environmental and resource economics and management, 7.5 ECTS at SDU
- Environmental law and intellectual property rights, 7.5 ECTS at UNIFE
- Eco-innovations, firm performance and industrial dynamics, 7.5 ECTS at UNIFE
- Environmental economics and the green economy, 7.5 ECTS at UNIFE
- Sustainability of public policy, 7.5 ECTS at UNIFE
- Master thesis, 30 ECTS:
- Master thesis (first part) 10 ECTS at SDU
- Master thesis (second part) 20 ECTS at UNIFE
- Preparation courses at UNIFE
- UNIFE Master thesis
As seen from SDU the master thesis consists of two parts: Master thesis (first part) of 10 ECTS provided by SDU, and the Master thesis (second part) of 20 ECTS provided by UNIFE. The Master thesis (second part) is consisting of two entries taken at UNIFE: 1) one of the master thesis preparation courses 'Econometric techniques for policy evaluation' or 'Economics of innovation' or 'Policies for sustainability and local development' and 2) the 'UNIFE Master thesis'.
To pass the Master thesis both Master Thesis (first part) and all parts of The Master thesis (second part) have to be passed. The grade on the SDU diploma will be the grade obtained for the UNIFE Master thesis.
Find more information here.
Head of Study Environmental and Resource Management
Tel. +45 6550 4208
Studieservice/secretary (responsible for questions regarding enrollment and admission):
Ellen M. Andersen
Tel.: +45 6550 1517