The aim of the programme is to provide students with qualifications that will motivate them to seek jobs and functions in the Middle East and that will equip them to fulfill these – including jobs associated with the Middle East in a European or Danish context. In addition, the aim is to provide students with qualifications that will equip them for tasks in the Danish, Scandinavian and European integration sector.
The graduates in Middle East Studies have been employed in many different areas. The secret services in Denmark (PET and FE) and the Danish integration sector (in ministries and municipalities) are the top scorers. The EU, international organizations and NGO’s represent other areas where our candidates have found jobs. Typical job areas are:
- Danish ministries, mainly the Ministry for Foreign Affairs and the Ministry for Integration, the Secret Services (PET and FE)
- Danish municipalities and regions (the integration sektor)
- international organisations, NGO’s
- the culture- and tourism sector
- Danish companies operating in the Middle East
- research, teaching, jobs in the information sector, media etc.