This academic profile enables you to:
- design, synthesise and characterise materials with specific properties
- make optimal material selections based on chemical, financial and technological criteria
- develop components or devices such as sensors which use these materials
- set up and implement relevant characterisation and testing methods
- help to set up models for and carry out model calculations
- help to integrate the devices into larger technical or chemical engineering units as well as managing their operation.
During your studies you will work with the subjects of material chemistry, chemical metallurgy, and the characterisation of solid substances.
Regardless of academic profile you will acquire a range of general competencies in numerical methods, statistics, physical chemistry, theory of science, risk assessment, and economics.
Find more information in Curriculum and course descriptions.