To qualify for admission, you must have a relevant degree on a Bachelor's level.
In addition, you must fulfill SDU's English language requirements - read more on how to prove your English level
You must write a motivational letter
There is a limited number of study places in the programme. So fulfilling the entry requirements is not a guarantee for admission.
Unless you have a legal claim for admission, you must write a motivational letter and submit this as part of your application.
Selection of applicants
If there are more qualified applicants than study places, the following criteria are used for selection of applicants. You are given a score in relation to each criterion, and your over all score decides whether you are offered a study place.
- Content and level of your bachelor's degree (1-10 points)
- Your academic results (1-50 points). In addition to your overall grade point average, emphasis is placed on your grades within:
- Chemical engineering
- Reactor design
- Process design or product design
- General and analytical chemistry, non-organic or organic chemistry
- Biotechnology, incl. technical microbiology
- Physical chemistry
- Mathematical and physical models
- Motivation for and ability to complete the programme (1-40 points)