Apply for transfer if:
- You are enroled at another Danish university and want to continue your current programme at SDU.
- You expect to get a credit transfer for the entire first year of the programme as it is organised at SDU.
You can also apply for Transfer if:
- You are enroled in a full-time Master's degree programme and want to switch to the same programme organised as a Master's degree programme for working professionals, and expect to get credit for the entire first year of the programme.
- 1 March: Study start on 1 September.
(Open for applications from 1 January. You will receive a response to your application no later than 1 August)
- 1 November: Study start on 1 February.
(Open for applications from 1 October. You will receive a response to your application no later than 20 December).
When you apply for transfer, you do not participate in the regular admission process of the programme.
The applications are processed on an ongoing basis, and any vacant study spots are allocated as the applications are processed. It is therefore an advantage for you that you apply as soon as possible.
Conditions for applying for transfer
In order for you to apply for a transfer to a programme, it is a prerequisite that:
If you cannot get a credit transfer for the first year of studies, you cannot be transferred but must instead apply for re-admission via regular admission.
If you are in doubt about whether you can get a credit transfer for your first year of studies, it is a good idea to apply for both transfer and re-admission.
The number of vacant study spots varies from programme to programme and from one year to the next, and there may be no vacant study spots.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to apply for re-enrolment or transfer (neither to the Esbjerg-programme nor the Odense-programme) as there are no vacant study spots in the Medicine-programme at later study stages.
You can apply for re-admission to the programme via regular admission if you have not yet passed the entire first year of studies as the programme is organised by SDU.
Documentation when applying for transfer
When applying for transfer, remember to attach the following:
- A transcript of records including all examination attempts as well as an overview of the courses you have registered for.
- A confirmation of enrolment
- Documentation that you meet the entry requirements of the programme
- Programme regulations and/or course descriptions for all courses
If you are transferred, SDU will determine your study conditions
If you are transferred to SDU, SDU will determine the extent to which your previous examination attempts in courses that you have not passed must follow you to your new enrolment. SDU will also determine your other study conditions, including programme regulations, credit transfer and duration of study.