The Career in Denmark programme is extracurricular. It consists of three workshops. Each workshop consists of a Friday afternoon and Saturday all day.
Besides you get to attend other interesting events:
- One full day of company visits
- One half day of Career Fair
- Two Friday afternoon and evening innovation camps
- A Friday afternoon/evening graduation ceremony.
Besides the courses and events you will be offered a SDU Career Mentor and to be part of the YGA programme.
Courses in the programme
The programme offers you a range of courses to strengthen your skills:
- Reveal the possibilities on the Danish jobmarket
- Understanding the Denmark and the Danes
- Rules and legislation when working in Denmark
- Application, coverletter, CV and interview - the Danish way
- Networking in Denmark – the road to success
- How to pitch yourself to a company
Increase your network
You will be invited to several career events that will help you create a bigger network.
At Business Brunch you meet companies for a possible collaboration and you get the possibility of branding yourself and create a network.
You can also participate at an innovation camp. Here you go through teamwork training and idea generation when you solve cases for different companies.
We arrange several company visits during the programme. You visit regional companies to look for collaboration possibilities and learn about work culture in Denmark.
Get a mentor and a buddy
We arrange for you to have a mentor who are working in a Danish company.
It is also possible to get a language buddy who is a fluent/native Danish speaker. You can practice your Danish with your buddy.
We will present you with the possibilities. It is your responsibility to be pro-active and follow a public language course, as well as finding a company collaboration.