To apply for the Master's programme in Economics, you need a relevant Bachelor's degree. You can apply if you hold one of the following degrees:
- B.Sc. in Economics from SDUm - gives you a legal claim for admission
- B.Sc. in Economics from another Danish university
- B.Sc. in Mathematics and Economy from SDU
- B.Sc. in Economics and Business Administration (HA) from SDU with profile in General Business Administration. The degree is qualifying if it includes 20 ECTS in Microeconomics and 10 ECTS in Econometrics. Alternatively Econometrics can be taken as a supplementary course after admission.
You can also apply if you hold a similar degree including a minimum of 100 ECTS within Economics. As a minimum, the following subjects must be included with the stipulated number of ECTS:
- Mathematics 10 ECTS
- Statistics 5 ECTS
- Microeconomics 20 ECTS
- Macroeconomics 10 ECTS
- Econometrics 10 ECTS
- Accounting 10 ECTS
- Finance 10 ECTS
- Further 25 ECTS within the above economic areas.
English language requirements
The programme is taught in English. Therefore, you are required to submit proof of your English proficiency unless your Bachelor's gives you a legal claim for admission.
There is a limited number of study places in the programme.
If there are more qualified applicants than study places, applicants without a legal claim are selected based on the following criteria:
- grade point average of the qualifying degree. If the degree is not completed at the time of application, the grade point average is calculated based on the courses passed at the time of application.
The application deadlines for study start September 1st are:
- February 1st for non EU/EEA citizens
- March 1st for EU/EEA and Swiss citizens and applicants holding a Danish residence permit