The main focus of all engineering programmes at University of Southern Denmark is professional ability and the programmes are all rooted in research and development environments of a high international standard.
- Ability to think and work in a problem-oriented, project-oriented and interdisciplinary way
- Ability to work independently as well as in teams
- Ability to solve tasks in an international context
- Knowledge of and experience in the needs of the business world
- A well-founded understanding of commerce and business.
You become a development engineer with special competencies in mechanics, electronics and software – including knowledge of the interplay between these disciplines. This programme qualifies you to carry out, participate in and lead the development of mechatronic products.
With a bachelor of engineering degree in Mechatronics you will have the following competencies:
• Ability to design and calculate mechanical designs
• Ability to design and calculate electronic circuits
• Ability to develop software for intelligent products
• Ability to model and build mechatronic systems and implement these systems
• Ability to apply technological knowledge and theories for the development of new products
• Specialised knowledge within either of the profiles: Mechanic Engineering, Electronic Engineering or Embedded Engineering.
• Ability to carry out development projects independently and in teams
• The potential to become project manager for product development assignments.
A bachelor of engineering degree in Mechatronics qualifies you to continue your studies for a master of science in engineering degree.
Read more about curriculum and subjects.