With a degree in Chemical Engineering you acquire a number of engineering and personal competencies necessary to meet the expectations of the labour market.
The main focus of all engineering programmes at University of Southern Denmark is professional ability and the programmes are all rooted in research and development environments of a high international standard.
- Ability to think and work in a problem-oriented, project-oriented and interdisciplinary way
- Ability to work independently as well as in teams
- Ability to solve tasks in an international context
- Knowledge of and experience in the needs of the business world
- A well-founded understanding of commerce and business.
Environmental problems and problems related to work environments are important to chemical engineers and are included in the projects already from the first semester, while economic considerations are included later on in your studies.
With a bachelor of engineering degree in Chemical Engineering you will have the following competencies:
• Ability to design, plan, modify and optimise processing plants and products taking into considerations technological implications and the environment as well as the resources available
• Basic academic knowledge of general and organic chemistry, biochemistry and microbiology, thermodynamics, unit operations, the environment and materials
• Ability to manage laboratory work and develop and validate analytical measurement methods
• Ability to work as consultants and perform administrative tasks in areas related to chemical engineering
• Knowledge of legislation, administrative framework and environmental and quality standards
• Ability to plan, carry out, document and assess technological projects
• Ability to include social, financial, environmental and work related consequences
• Ability to develop models and simulate problems from a mathematical and scientific approach.
A bachelor of engineering degree in Chemical Engineering qualifies you to continue your studies for a master of science in engineering degree.