The main focus of all engineering programmes at University of Southern Denmark is professional ability and the programmes are all rooted in research and development environments of a high international standard.
- Ability to think and work in a problem-oriented, project-oriented and interdisciplinary way
- Ability to work independently as well as in teams
- Ability to solve tasks in an international context
- Knowledge of and experience in the needs of the business world
- A well-founded understanding of commerce and business.
With a bachelor of engineering degree in GMM you will have the following competencies:
• Global view of business development. You are able to assess, calculate and propose operational investment possibilities in different markets and countries
• Ability to communicate in business English and knowledge of international topics which qualifies you to negotiate and to gain respect from all levels of an organisation
• Broad and detailed knowledge of designing the product to the market; taking into consideration the positioning, target group segmentation, marketing parameters and customer awareness in different cultures
• Profound and global knowledge of the entire value chain – from the satisfied end user to creating the most optimal and practical conditions for the company
• Detailed knowledge of establishing and organising manufacturing facilities in respect to technological processes, automation, cost levels and climatic conditions
• Well-founded knowledge of different company aspects in environmental impacts, health, safety and bribes
• Thorough knowledge of international trading such as legal aspects in laws, conventions, bilateral agreements, regional conditions, governmental influences, etc.
• Solid knowledge of supply chain management, stock management and ERP-systems in a global as well as in a local context
• Profound knowledge of companies’ internal and external accounting, financing and control systems
• Broad knowledge of economical evaluation of countries’ macro economical situation in investment and establishing aspects
• Graduates are trained in expatriation and to handle cultural differences.
A bachelor of engineering degree in GMM qualifies you to continue your studies for a master of science in engineering degree.
Read more about curriculum and subjects.