The scholarships are aimed at Ph.D. students employed at, or affiliated with, a higher education institution, full-degree master students enrolled at a higher education institution and full-degree bachelor students wishing to study the Danish language and literature who have studied the Danish Language for at least two years.
The Scholarships are offered to students from the following countries:
- Republic of Korea
Deadline: March 1st every year
How to apply
Who can apply?
- Full-degree bachelor student, who have studied the Danish language for at least two years at university level abroad. (Not in Denmark).
- Full-degree master enrolled in degree-granting programmes at higher education institutions in the abovementioned countries.
- PhD students employed at, or affiliated with, higher education institutions in the abovementioned countries.
Please note that it is up to you to find out which courses you wish to follow or to contact the relevant professor(s) if you wish to do a project or research work.
You can find information on our exchange courses here.
You can find information on research areas and professors here.
In order to be eligible for the Danish Government Scholarship you must live up to some of the following criteria:
- Your study or research is related to Danish language, history or culture or other Danish areas of expertise.
- An internationally renowned Danish lecturer or professor must be connected with your research area.
- You have already been invited by a professor at SDU.
- You are nominated by a lecturer who teaches Danish in your home country. Please include a reference from the lecturer in your application.
You are not eligible for a Long-Term Scholarship if:
- You are not enrolled in or affiliated with an institution of higher education in a country participating in the Cultural Agreements program.
- You are already enrolled or planning to enroll in a full degree, joint degree, or double degree program in Denmark.
- You wish to study at bachelor’s level during your stay in Denmark in fields other than Danish language and literature.
- You only wish to study part-time during your stay in Denmark.
Contact at the University of Southern Denmark
For more information, please contact Inger Marie Jessen on firstname.lastname@example.org or SDU International on email@example.com.
For more information please visit the Danish Ministry of Higher Education and Science.