English language requirements
If you apply for a Master's programme (erhvervskandidat) taught in English, you must prove a level in English equivalent to a standard Danish high school level. If you have finished a Bachelor’s degree at a Danish university, you need no further documentation.
If your Bachelor’s is from another country, or if you have a professional Bachelor’s degree, you must document your level in English. The deadline for doing this is May 15 if you apply for admission in September, and December 1 if you apply for admission in February. There are a number of ways you can prove your level:
- A Danish high school diploma with English B.
- A Danish Professional Bachelor’s degree taught in English - if the language of instruction is not clearly stated in your diploma supplement, please have your school form a confirmation in writing.
- A diploma from a European high school may be enough to prove your proficiency. You need to document the number of English lessons per week (60 min. lessons), number of weeks per school year and the number of years you have attended high school. You must use SDU's Statement of Hours, which must be signed and stamped by the high school. You must submit both your full high school diploma as well as the statement of Hours. We encourage you to forward your documents in advance via mail: email@example.com . Then we are able to make a pre-assessment.
- A language test – below you will find a list of approved tests.
English language tests
At SDU you can document your language skills via the following tests provided that the test isn´t more than two years old at the time of application:
- TOEFL IBT test with a minimum score of 88. For validation, we need to receive a score report directly from the test center. To select University of Southern Denmark as recipient, use the code 7969. Please choose "other - department not listed". If you have already taken the test, you can still make a request for the test center to forward the report. Please inform us once you have made such a request.
- IELTS academic test with an overall score ("overall band score") of minimum 6.5
- CAE test with a grade C or above (this test is only accepted from a Cambridge Network). For verification of your results, please make sure to give us your ID / social security number before we can confirm your result (e.g. EPA123456) and your secret number (4 digits).
- CPE (this test is only accepted from a Cambridge Network).
Danish language requirements
If you apply for a Master's taught in Danish no grounds of a degree taught in Danish, you do not need further documentation of your language qualifications.
Applicants wit a foreign bachelor's (including Danish citizens) must have passed Danish A, the Higher Education Examination for foreigners (Studieprøven), or be able to document equivalent Danish proficiencies.
Nordic applicants must document Norwegian/ Swedish/ Finnish/Icelandic at a level equivalent to Danish A.