What makes a graduate with an engineering degree in Software Engineering especially attractive to the labour market?
To an employer you ARE your competencies. Therefore we want to provide you with an overview of the competencies you will have once graduated: general engineering competencies as well as the special competencies you will acquire in Software Engineering.
General engineering competencies
With an engineering degree from the University of Southern Denmark you will have a strong academic and professional profile based on highly competent teachers and fellow students who are skilled, curious and committed to their studies. Moreover, you will be part of a research and development environment of high international standard. That is how we ensure that you get the most recent knowledge and ability to be right up there in the lead should you choose to study or work abroad.
- solve specific problems alone or in teams
- manage a project from beginning to end
- work independently as well as in teams
- define, formulate and analyse a problem.
- used to working with companies and will have a thorough understanding of business.
With a degree in Software Engineering you will have the following competencies:
- Ability to develop future software solutions such as new ways to use your smarthone, alternatives to Google, or intelligent energy saving houses.
- Ability to counsel CEOs and political decision makers on investments in new software solutions based on your ability to assess user needs and technological possibilities.
- Ability to head the development and implementation of IT based on a thorough knowledge of software and its strengths and weaknesses in relation to a specific company.
With a bachelor of science in engineering degree in Software Engineering you are qualified to continue your studies for a master of science in engineering degree in Software Engineering.