If you want to start in the same programme once again, and you haven't passed the entire first year of studies, you have to apply for new admission to the programme.
What to note when applying
There are a number of specific rules to note when you apply for admission once again. The rules depend on the reason why your enrolment was stopped in the first place.
Did the university stop your enrolment?
If SDU stopped your enrolment in the programme, you can only start again if you can prove that your chances of completing the programme have bettered significantly.
You have to present a written statement
As part of your application, you have to upload a written statement explaining how your chances of completing the programme has bettered significantly. You have to present the matters which you think are relevant as to your chances of completing the programme. For instance you can draw on:
- why you didn't complete the programme in the first place
- what relevant activities you have participated in since your enrolment stopped
- how you have strengthened academic skills relevant to courses which you were previously unable to pass
- significant changes to your health conditions
- significant changes to personal or private matters of relevance
Remember to attach documentation regarding relevant matters, to the extend this is possible.
Did you stop your enrolment yourself?
If you stopped your enrolment yourself, you can apply without any special documentation.
If, however, you withdrew at a time where the University would have discontinued your enrolment anyway, you must apply in the same manner as if the University discontinued your enrolment - see the info above.
Remember that at least 5 months must pass from your date of withdrawal before you can start in the same programme again. I.e. you have to withdraw before April 1st to start again in September.
Were you studying at another university?
If you were a student in the same programme at a different university in Denmark, the rules mentioned above apply. Furthermore you always have to upload:
- A transcript of records including all examination attempts
- A document from your university confirming that you are currently enrolled