SDU Robotics, part of the Maersk Mc-Kinney Moller Institute, University of Southern Denmark, invites applications for a position as Postdoc in Computer Vision for a 3-year period. The position will be vacant from 1. May, 2020 or as soon as possible thereafter.
The candidate will be integrated in the section SDU Robotics, which is at the core of the Odense Robotics Cluster involving Universal Robots, Mobile Industrial Robots (MIR) and 120+ other companies. We are specialized in robot solutions involving modelling, simulation and control of advanced robot technologies (systems and services) for industrial, welfare and medical applications.
The group is involved in a variety of national and European projects and features a strong network of academic and industrial partners. We solve challenging research problems from real applications and implement novel robot solutions together with end users such as LEGO, Danfoss, Terma, Bang & Olufsen, Novo Nordisk and Odense University Hospital.
We are located in Odense and have state-of-the-art laboratories and facilities.
The ideal candidate
The candidate is expected to participate in activities of the SDU Robotics section including current and future research projects as well as teaching. We’re looking for a motivated candidate with excellent knowledge of English (written and spoken).
The candidate is expected to have research experience within the following fields:
- Rigid object pose estimation using 2D and 3D data, especially for industrial applications, where high-precision requirements are common.
- 3D processing, including depth/range sensor technologies, point cloud processing and deep learning for point cloud data.
- Applications of machine learning, especially for visual recognition tasks.
It is also an advantage if the candidate has teaching experience within the following fields:
- Basic computer vision and applications for computer vision, including image processing, 3D reconstruction and pose estimation.
- Introductory statistics and/or machine learning.
Further information is available from the Head of Section professor Henrik Gordon Petersen at email: email@example.com.
Conditions of employment
Employment as a postdoc requires scientific qualifications at PhD level. Employment as a postdoc is temporary and will cease without further notice at the end of the period.
Research will be predominant in the position. Teaching assignments can be agreed individually. Furthermore, other types of assignments may occur to a limited degree. The Faculty determines the distribution of the various assignments. The weighting of the different assignments may vary over time.
The successful applicant will be employed in accordance with the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. Please check links for more information on salary and taxation.
The application must be in English and must include:
- Motivated application
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Certificates/Diplomas (MSc and PhD)
- List of publications indicating the publications attached
- Examples of the most relevant publications. Please attach one pdf-file for each publication
- Reference letters and other relevant qualifications may also be included.
The application deadline is 07.04.2020.
The University wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
Further information for international applicants about entering and working in Denmark.
Further information about The Faculty of Engineering.