SDU Robotics, part of the Maersk Mc-Kinney Moller Institute, University of Southern Denmark, invites applications for an Associate Professor position, which will be vacant from 1. May, 2020 or as soon as possible thereafter.
The candidate will be integrated in the section SDU Robotics, which is at the core of the Odense Robotics Cluster involving Universal Robots, Mobile Industrial Robots (MIR) and 120+ other companies. We are specialized in robot solutions involving modelling, simulation and control of advanced robot technologies (systems and services) for industrial, welfare and medical applications.
The group is involved in a variety of national and European projects and features a strong network of academic and industrial partners. We solve challenging research problems from real applications and implement novel robot solutions together with end users such as LEGO, Danfoss, Terma, Bang & Olufsen, Novo Nordisk and Odense University Hospital.
We are located in Odense and have state-of-the-art laboratories and facilities.
The ideal candidate
The candidate is expected to have both teaching and research experience within the following fields:
- Mathematical modelling of cameras and other sensors, especially 3D sensors
- Single- and multiple-view geometry and 3D reconstruction.
- Reconstruction from visual streams, e.g. structure from motion and SLAM.
The candidate is expected to participate in activities of the SDU Robotics section including current and future research projects as well as teaching. This involves for example:
- To be able to collaborate with our experts in the further development of our core technologies.
- To participate in the practicalities of actual research on industrial and other applications.
- To be deeply involved in our regular coordination and joint evolvement of research and project activities.
We’re looking for a motivated candidate with excellent knowledge of English (written and spoken).
Further information is available from the Head of Section professor Henrik Gordon Petersen at email: email@example.com.
Conditions of employment
Employment as an associate professor requires scientific qualifications at PhD level.
The successful applicant will be employed in accordance with the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. Please check links for more information on salary and taxation.
The application must be in English and must include:
- Motivated application
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Certificates/Diplomas (MSc and PhD)
- Information on previous teaching and supervision experience. Please attach as Teaching Portfolio
- List of publications indicating the publications attached
- Examples of the most relevant publications. Please attach one pdf-file for each publication
- Reference letters and other relevant qualifications may also be included.
The application deadline is 07.04.2020.
The University wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
Further information for international applicants about entering and working in Denmark.
Further information about The Faculty of Engineering.