Applications are invited for post doc position in Circular Supply Chain 4.0 and Sustainable Development Goals at the Center for Sustainable Supply Chain Engineering (CSSCE), Department of Technology and Innovation, University of Southern Denmark in Odense. The position is available from May 1, 2020 or as soon as possible thereafter.
The applicant should have proven research record and experience in one or more of the following fields and be able to contribute to the development of the center’s research areas.
• Artificial intelligence in Sustainable Supply chain, Circular Supply Chain 4.0, Industry 4.0 technologies in Sustainable / Green supply chain
• Industry 4.0 enabling technologies in sustainable / Green manufacturing
• Sustainable Development Goals, Sustainable materials, Sustainable design and Production, Circular economy
Requirements and qualifications
Candidates must have:
• A Masters and PhD degree in Industrial Engineering, Industrial Systems Engineering, Manufacturing, Operations and supply chain management with the digitalization, green / sustainability focus
• Documented experience with research dissemination in international scientific journals and conferences
• Good communication skills in English
• Extensive experience with industrial collaboration
• The applicant should be enthusiastic about research, capable of learning new skills, and happy working both independently and in collaboration with other scientists. Develop own smart ideas and think independently.
Furthermore, the applicant needs to have strong collaborative skills.
We offer a uniquely ambitious research environment to this particular position. In addition, CSSCE offers the strongest possible support in applications for further external funding from prestigious national and European funding schemes, e.g., Sapere Aude Starting Grants, Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions and the ERC starting grants.
The successful candidate is expected to collaborate with existing Faculty groups on joined national and international research projects and to participate in attracting external research Funding.
Further information is available by contacting the Head of Center, Professor, PhD, Kannan Govindan, tel. +45 6550 3188, email@example.com.
Application, salary, etc.
Applications will be assessed by an expert committee. Applicants will be informed of their assessment by the Faculty.
Research will be predominant in the position. Teaching assignments can be agreed individually.
The successful applicant will be employed in accordance with the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. Please check links for more information on salary and taxation.
The assessment process
Read about the Assesment and selection process.
The faculty expects applicants to read How to apply before applying.
• Detailed Curriculum Vitae
• Certificates/Diplomas (Master's degree certificate)
• Research portfolio, which details the candidate's ideas and plans for her/his future research work which demonstrates a willingness to aim for the most recognized academic outlets internationally
• Account of experience in working with industry
• Complete list of publications, indicating which publications are most relevant for the position
• Up to 10 of the most relevant publications. Please upload a pdf for each publication, if the publication has been co-authored, co-author statements must be a part of this pdf
All enclosures must be numbered and marked with the applicant’s name. The application deadline is 15.04.2020.
The University wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background. Further information for international applicants about entering and working in Denmark. Further information about The Faculty of Engineering.