Your visibility at SDU
In a partnership with SDU RIO, there are different possibilities in relation to communication and the meeting with the students at SDU.
Often we will use images from you on various digital platforms, so to make it as easy and manageable as possible for all parties, here you can find information about size, formats and more.
If you have any questions, please contact us via mail.
Line of directions and formats
As a business partner at SDU RIO, you get the opportunity to get your printed materials on our material wall in Odense, Slagelse, Kolding, Esbjerg and Sønderborg. It also includes the promotion of job postings, broad events or other study- and/or career-relevant offers on SDU RIO's bulletin boards.
Remember the correct size for the best presentation
For the best presentation of your materials, they must fit the measures below.
Dimensions of shelves for printed materials: b: 24.5 cm. h: 31.5 cm.
Dimensions for content on bulletin boards: max 50 x 70 cm
Deadline for receiving materials
All printed materials must reach us no later than Wednesday of week 4 and/or Wednesday of week 34 if wish for it to be ready at semester start.
If you regulary change your materials (such as seasonal changes), you are of course welcome to send the updated material outside the above mentioned deadlines.
NOTE: Printed materials must be study and career relevant for the students. Material where promotion of, for example, cheap insurance, free memberships, high wages, good lunch agreement or number of holiday days is paramount, will therefore not be approved by SDU.
Please state the exact start and end dates of your materials, so we avoid storing materials with pictures or names without permission.
The materials are sent to this address:
University of Southern Denmark
ATT: Jibril Husseen
Cortex Park 26
5230 Odense M
Content at the SDU infoscreens
As an SDU business partner, you can get content on our info screens, which are located multiple places on our 5 campuses.
The content must be study and/or career-related and must be approved by us. Content where promotion of, for example, cheap insurance, free memberships, high wages, good lunch agreement or number of holiday days is paramount, will therefore not be approved by SDU.
You have a 20-second time frame available, in which you choose whether you want to display a single image, a maximum of three images evenly distributed over the specified time frame, or a video without sound.
In order to get content on the screens, you must prepare an image or a video that fits the format below:
Format: 1920 x 842 pixels.
Pictures must be sent individually and be in JPEG format and minimum of 3 MB.
The video must be sent in MPEG4 format, and be max. 20 seconds long.
When sending the material to us, it is also important that you state the exact start and end date for when the material should be active on the screens.
Do you have a job posting that could be relevant for SDU profiles? Create a company profile at SDU Jobbank.
With a company profile you can i.a.:
Filter your candidates:
When you set up a company profile at SDU Jobbank, you can choose specific qualifications that you have for your future employee, and through the data-driven recruitment, you can immediately see how many candidates match your search and needs.
Target your communication:
You can ensure that your job positions get sent to the relevant candidates using a direct mail campaign, and thereby increase the quality of the applicants.
Use active recruitment with Graduateland LIVE:
A digital platform for your employer brand. With Graduateland LIVE you can sort and chat with online candidates in real-time. You can start video-conversations whenever it suits you. You can set up LIVE sessions with specific themes like graduate programmes, job positions etc. This way you can easily and effectively build a talent base for your company.
There are various options for constructing a company profile that meets your requirements By default, it is free to create job posts and make use of Graduateland LIVE. But if you want to optimize your visibility and contact with candidates, you have the opportunity to purchase other solutions. Find opportunities and prices here
Do you need help using the job bank?:
Do you have questions on how SDU job bank works, how to create targeted campaigns via the job bank as a channel or something else, please contact SDU Jobbank via mail or phone: +45 50549929.
A pistop at SDU is a good way to create broad visibility among our students. You will be standing by a cafe table in a cross field at the campus you desire, where the students can enter into a dialogue with you.
Notify as soon as possible, minimum 14 days before. Many companies are interested in the exposure that a pitstop gives, and we can, therefore, not guarantee that you desired date if vacant. If the desired date is not available, we will find another date together. Pitstops are booked by writing us an email.
If pitstops are cancelled after being through the planning and marketing process, this will not be replaced.
- As a partner you submit:
- The desired date, time, and location at SDU (see possible locations further down the page)
- Purpose of pitstop: What is your specific purpose that day? It may be a CV/application check, the way to get a job, vacancies, information about a study/internship abroad, etc. The possibilities are plenty. But for your pitstops to add value to both you and our students, we ask you to zoom in on one theme that must be study- and/or career-relevant.
- Upon confirmation of booking, you will receive information about the further process for possible promotion of your presence.
Please note that any catering must be ordered through SDU’s canteen at your own expense. We are happy to assist with ordering.
NOTE! On the day of your pit stop, you must pick up a guest card from Bo Christensen at the Technical Service before starting the activity. Bo sits in ResQue office number Ø2-405-1.
It is a requirement from the Technical Service that everyone who has been approved for their presence at SDU via a pitstop, has a guest card while the activity is taking place.
Overview of possible locations:
- As a partner you submit:
Meet&Greet for private and public organisations
With a Meet&Greet we give you the opportunity to get close to a specific target group, where we in dialogue with you and the academic community find the best possible activity. In a Meet&Greet there is, therefore, a great focus on making you an integral part of the students' academic skills, so it through your presence becomes clear to the students how their profile can be relevant in your company. In addition, you contribute with concrete and relevant content in line with the requests and needs of the academic community.
Private and public organisations with Meet&Greet in their contract, please contact Line Krogh-Nielsen directly for planning and coordination. For optimal use of Meet&Greet, the dialogue should start the semester before the given Meet&Greet is to be used.
For those of you who have social media postings as part of your partnership with SDU, we have prepared some guidelines that must be followed.
Therefore, please read the document and use it actively in relation to the strategic planning and content preparation. The document is also attached to your contract with SDU.
The platform for your postings is agreed based on purpose, target group, etc.
The Facebook page ‘SDU Studiejob og Karriere’ is often used.
Formats at Facebook
Image format: 1200 x 900 pixels and minimum 3 MB
Image format for a link: 1200 x 628 pixels and minimum 3 MB
If you have direct mail as part of your partnership, the mail will be sent out with SDU RIO as the sender. We must, however, receive the content of the mail from you.
Notify as soon as possible, but at least a month before.
What do we need to receive from you?
Within 14 days before we send the mail, we need to receive the following:
- The agreed delimited target group of SDU students to whom the mail should be sent
- A suggestion for the full text of the mail
- We will read the text and make corrections if necessary
- Remember that according to the GDPR it must be clear, as early as the headline, why the mail is relevant to the recipient.
- The content of the mail must be study and/or career-relevant, must not conflict with the Danish Marketing Practices Act or contain sales and marketing material
- Possibly a captivating and catchy image for the mail's top banner (see next point for format)
But how does a typical direct mail look like?
At SDU RIO, we have a fixed mail template, which we use when setting up your direct mail. Therefore, we have prepared an example for you, in which you will find our set-up with a headline, subheading, prose text, links, and pictures.
See an example here.
Your company site on mitsdu.dk
At mitsdu.dk/network, all business partners' logos are presented to our students at SDU. The logo typically refers to a website of your choice, but if you have a company site as part of the partnership, the logo refers to this.
To ensure the best quality of the logo, the image must be at least 3 MB in one of the following file types: psd., Ia. or InDesign. The size of the logos on the page is 270 x 450 pixels.
Submitting content and setup
The content for the company site is prepared by you as a partner and must be study- and/or career-relevant for our students. We review the material which we will recirculate until it is consistent with the guidelines. Once the content is approved, we make sure to set up the page.
SDU's website is available in both Danish and English, and the same applies to your company site. The text must, therefore, be sent in both Danish and English versions.
Make the text as targeted as possible. Tell us why you are interested in students at SDU and what you can offer them as students.
Business site image formats
- Image in text: 580 x 300 pixels
If you want more pictures next to each other, we recommend the size: 109 x 109 pixels
Private event at SDU
This point is for you as a partner, who has an event(s) in your cooperation with SDU RIO.
In short, as a partner, you are responsible for delivering the content of the event, and SDU RIO is responsible for the practical preparations, such as booking facilities, marketing and evaluation. However, we have a great interest in making your event a success and therefore have the following points that you as a partner must be aware of when we jointly start planning the desired event.
Initially you should:
- Contact the person responsible for the partnerships, Line Krogh-Nielsen, to initiate thought and opportunities for collaborating with the academic communities. Remember you always have the opportunity to spar with your partner at SDU RIO, so do not hesitate to contact us. Here we ensure the relevance of your event and define the right set-up for the given target group. We recommend that the initial thoughts about the event start the semester prior to the actual event, so it can be integrated into SDU's annual wheel, as well as in the strategic planning.
- Think of the target group (study, semester, etc.) for your desired event.
- Think about your professional/career-related purpose of the event. What should students get out of participating in this particular event?
- Consider the minimum and maximum number of students for the event to be carried out.
- Find desired dates, time frames and duration. However, we will finalize this in collaboration.
- Think about how you would like the setup of the event:
- Other things?
- Take note of whether you need anything technical in connection with your event, such as microphones, monitors, special connectors, a podium or something else.
- Consider whether you want to give the participants any kind of catering (coffee, cake, sandwiches, water or the like). This must be ordered through SDU's canteen, and if you are not comfortable with ordering, we are happy to help you. However, catering is at your own expense.
Before the event is made public:
Before the event is made public and ready for entries, we need the following from you:
- Event title
- Event description (as targeted as possible and preferably with an agenda/plan for the event)
- Pictures for promotion of the event (Which SDU RIO is responsible for), which primarily takes place on Facebook.
- Image size: 1200 x 900 pixels og minimum 3 MB
- Image size for link: 1200 x 628 pixels og minimum 3 MB
- Possibly a desired text to i.a. a Facebook post in connection with the promotion of the event if you should have any special requests (see our SoMe guidelines for more information)
- Wishes for evaluation of the event, which is sent to all registered participants. We compile the evaluation form from SDU RIO's page and send it to you for approval before the event takes place.
If direct mail is a part of your partnership, you might consider whether to use it in connection with the marketing of the event. If you want to use your direct mail, we ask you to read more about formats and guidelines under the 'Direct mail' tab on this page.
The event is now scheduled
The event is now scheduled and the marketing is in motion. From SDU RIO's side, we draw on our channels and contacts to market the event in the best possible way. but would also strongly recommend that you also draw attention to your presence at SDU on your own channels.
We will regularly keep you updated on the number of registrations for the event.
On the day of the event
- On the day of the event, you will meet with us at the agreed room approximately 1-1½ hour before the start of the event, where you jointly get all the practical details into place (if you have trouble finding the room then call: +45 6550 9690)
- We have a list of participants and ensures that the participants are ticked off, so we know how many of the enrolled students actually participated. If slides and/or materials are to be sent out subsequently, we accommodate with this as well, which is why the registration list is important.
- We welcomes on behalf of SDU RIO, from where you manage the event as planned. We is present throughout/most of the event, so if anything comes up, you can take hold of her.
- In connection with the event, an evaluation form is sent to the participants. You will subsequently receive a report from us, which brings together the students' answers.
Roll-ups with participation in SDU events
As an SDU business partner, you have the opportunity to be invited to career events at SDU, where you can meet potential future employees.
At some of these events, you have the opportunity to have a roll-up displayed at your company’s stand. If this option is available at the event, you will be informed before the event.
Produced at SDU
Due to the guidelines of the fire authorities, it is a requirement that all roll-ups used for career events at SDU are produced at SDU.In due time before the event, we ask you to send us a PDF file with the content you want on your roll-up, after which we will make sure it is printed and ready for the event.
The process of producing roll-ups may vary from event to event, but you will be briefed on practical details prior to attendance.
Dimensions and formats
Format: 85 x 220 cm, of which the last 20 cm will be in the cassette.
Pictures must be minimum 3 MB.
Price: 315 DKK + VAT, which is paid to SDU RIO.
Find a template here
SDU annual cycle 2020
Get an overview of larger events at SDU RIO and SDU in general, and the students' yearly cycles.
The meaning of the events' colors:
- Dark red: Career related events
- Pink: Social events
- Light pink: Student vacation, exam etc.