Our Global Goals
On the basis of the free research and education, SDU wishes to work with all 17 of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
At SDU we wish to
- work with but not necessarily for the SDGs, within research, education and administration
- respect the individual's freedom of research and as such the right to choose subject-matter and method of research, in accordance with the Danish University Act
- educate the students to have knowledge of the SDGs
- consider all the global goals to be equal and thus work with all the SDGs and not just a select few
- support the employees and students that can and wish to work with the global goals
The UN’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals
At the UN Summit in New York on 25 September 2015, the world’s heads of state and governments adopted an unprecedentedly ambitious and transformative development agenda, designed to promote a more sustainable development for both humans and the planet we inhabit, towards 2030. Here you can learn more about the UN’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals.