On the basis of the free, independent and critical research and education, SDU wishes to work with all 17 of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). This ambition will affect all of SDU in relation to our research, education programmes, administration and external co-operation.
The SDGs aim, among others, at :
- abolishing poverty and hunger in the world
- reducing inequalities
- ensuring good education and better health for all
- establishing decent jobs
- slowing down climate change
- providing more sustainable economic growth
- promoting peace, security and strong international partnerships
The UN’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals
At the UN Summit in New York on 25 September 2015, the world’s heads of state and governments adopted an unprecedentedly ambitious and transformative development agenda, designed to promote a more sustainable development for both humans and the planet we inhabit, towards 2030. Here you can learn more about the UN’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals.