SDU's GEP work is conducted in both a 1-year and a 2-year cycle.
The Faculties (FAC) and Central Administration (C-Adm) work with selected focus areas over a two-year period, locally and cross-departmentally, and once every year GE Action Plans are composed by each of the main areas and collectively for all of SDU. You can find an outline of the annual process below:
- Departments and divisions select 1-2 equality measures (takes place once every second year for each unit)
- FAC/C-Adm prepare their local GE Action Plan, including a description and status of measures at the departments/divisions (takes place once every year at each FAC/C-Adm)
- The Central GE Committee visits FAC/C-Adm as a 'critical friend' with regards to their local equality measures (visiting one half of the main fields in year 1, the other half in year 2)
- On behalf of the Central GE Committee, GET prepares SDU's executive GE Action Plan (takes place once every year)
- The Executive Board processes SDU's executive GE Action Plan (takes place once every year)
The 2-year cycle is illustrated below:
The efforts in the 6 main fields take place in a staggered setup so that the Faculties of Science, Health Sciences and Business & Social Sciences initiate their new 2-year measures in the same year, starting in 2021, while the Faculties of Humanities, Engineering and the Central Administration initiate their new 2-year measures in the same year, starting in 2022. This design ensures that the need and request for resources from e.g. GET and the entire GE Organisation at SDU is distributed over a 2-year time spam.
All six main fields are required to compose a local GE Action Plan every year, internally available at SDU. It is to be expected that this action plan will be more elaborate following the completion of a main field's 2-year cycle where reporting on the 2-year measures is possible; the action plan during the 2-year cycle is similarly expected to be less comprehensive.