The Analysis Unit:
- Develops strategic management information
- Monitors strategic framework contract 2018-2021
- Implements machine learning for forecasts through the project Advanced Analytics 2018-2021
Link to the Analysis Unit’s analytical web presentations.
(Internal access for SDU employees - public use only by agreement.)
About the project Advanced Analytics
SDU’s Board and Executive Board have decided to intensify the use of advanced analytics for strategic management information.
Advanced Analytics is the term for advanced data processing, such as machine learning, where great amounts of data from many different sources are used for preparing forecasts.
Advanced Analytics differs from the classical standard reporting from business systems in that it has a purely analytical predictive focus that provides recommendations for larger strategic decisions.
In comparison, the content in classical management information is typically defined in relation to a number of legal requirements, external requirements for reporting and operational management needs in the organisation.
SDU wants the project to
- Increase management’s strategic decision-making basis through forecasts focusing on organisational learning – beginning with students’ behaviour.
- Increase the potential for improving academic learning by developing web-based dashboards that can enrich teachers with knowledge about the students they teach.
- Increase the students’ potential for self-monitoring and feedback in relation to their study efforts.
The project will run during the period 2018-2021.
About the Analysis Unit
The Analysis Unit will continuously inform about the most recent analyses, the project Advanced Analytics, etc., in open knowledge-sharing meetings where all SDU employees are welcome.
It is not necessary to sign up; just turn up at O-100 on:
- 27 November 2018, 10 am - 12 pm
- 26 February 2019, 10 am - 12 pm
- 7 May 2019, 10 am - 12 pm
More dates to follow.
Moreover, we are always available for questions, good ideas and suggestions for cooperation, just as we can tailor analytical presentations for different meeting contexts based on our work.
The Analysis Unit consists of:
Executive officer Agner Holmbjerg Schibler, phone +45 6550 8987, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Strategic Analyst Gitte Rønholt Hvidt, phone +45 6550 2062, e-mail: email@example.com
Senior Strategic Analyst Bruno Mølgaard Geertsen, phone +45 6550 2085, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Head of Analysis Jacob Jensen, phone +45 6550 9293, e-mail: email@example.com
The Analysis Unit was established on 1 July 2018.