Skip to main content



You can find the relevant checklist for your registration in Denmark based on your citizenship at

Special tax scheme for researchers

If you meet the requirements to apply for the special tax scheme for researchers you should not apply for a tax card as described in the checklists at You can read about the requirements and the application process here.

Short stays

Please note that if your stay in Denmark is shorter than 3 months you only need a Danish tax card and personal tax number. You can apply for this online at You cannot register at a Danish address and get a CPR-number in this case.

Please contact if you have any questions.

Need help?

Contact International Staff Office