SDU is aware that being the accompanying spouse or partner to a member of the International Staff is a unique, exciting but also challenging experience. That is why SDU, International Staff Office, intent to help spouses/partners through coordinating different activities, where they can find support and meet people in a similar situation.
Arriving to Denmark we offer you and the entire family (incl. kids) a welcome talk. This is a personalized and informal talk about whatever is on your mind, and how we can help you and your family to get settled in your new life fast and easy. Please contact Annika Jarl: email@example.com for booking your welcome talk.
The Spouse Consultant can advise you on the Danish job market and provide assistance with the following:
• Clarification of job opportunities
• Where to look for open positions
• Guidance on how to make a relevant application and CV for the Danish job market
• Understand the Danish labour market
• Information about e.g.:
- Social and professional networks in the area
• Help facilitating internship
• Contact to relevant companies
• Contact to Newcomer Service in the municipality
Please contact Aleksandra Natalia Jensen at: firstname.lastname@example.org or +45 51 46 42 38 for more information.
We know that it is important for you to create a network quite fast, when you arrive in a foreign country. Therefore ISO has made some activities especially for spouses/partners. It is for you to meet with other people no matter where you are in your life. For instance:
- International parent group, for parents with children or moms to be
- Spouse café, twice a month at a café in Odense (in cooperation with International Community Odense)
SDU International club
The SDU International Club´s initiatives/activities are also for spouses/partners so please feel free to join us. Each month we arrange a number of social and cultural activities such as:
- Family activities
- Culture workshops
- Going to the cinema for a movie night
- Trips around the countryside (in all parts of Denmark)
- Yoga and other sports activities