Skip to main content

Private insurance

In Denmark three types of insurances are mandatory by law.

  • Liability Insurance if you own a motor vehicle,
  • Dog Insurance if you own a dog, and
  • Insurance against fire if you own real estate

Furthermore, although it is not mandatory, it is advisable to take out a house contents insurance  covering thefts or damage to personal belongings at your home. This insurance will also cover you if you cause injury to other people or other peoples belongings.

You may also take out accident insurance with a private insurance company. These policies will provide you with private coverage.

Please find further information here or at

Need help?

Contact International Staff Office


Last Updated 17.12.2021