SDU is aware that being the accompanying spouse or partner to a member of the International Staff is a unique, exciting but also challenging experience. That is why SDU, International Staff Office, intent to help spouses/partners through coordinating different activities, where they can find support and meet people in a similar situation.
Arriving to Denmark we offer you and the entire family (incl. kids) a welcome talk. This is a personalized and informal talk about whatever is on your mind, and how we can help you and your family to get settled in your new life fast and easy.
Please contact Annika Jarl: email@example.com for booking your welcome talk.
Campus Kolding and Esbjerg
Please contact Anette Møller at: firstname.lastname@example.org for booking your welcome talk.
Please contact Karina Madsen Skellgaard at: email@example.com for booking your welcome talk.
We know that it is important for you to create a network quite fast, when you arrive in a foreign country. Therefore ISO has made some activities especially for spouses/partners. It is for you to meet with other people no matter where you are in your life. For instance:
- International parent group, for parents with children or moms to be (Cooperation with International Community Odense).
- Spouse café, twice a month at a café in Odense (in cooperation with International Community Odense)
- The city of Odense provides a Host program. In the program you will be matched with a Danish host that will meet with you every month. What kind of activities you will do together is all up to you. Would you like to know more about the city of Odense? Or the Danish history? Or do you like to experience art?
SDU International club
The SDU International Club´s initiatives/activities are also for spouses/partners so please feel free to join us. Each month we arrange a number of social and cultural activities such as:
- Family activities
- Culture workshops
- Going to the cinema for a movie night
- Trips around the countryside (in all parts of Denmark)
- Yoga and other sports activities
Please take a look at the sheet Intercultural ISO in the menu to the right to read more about our activities and see some of the earlier newsletters.