An important part of a competitive application is a budget which both reflects the activities of the project and complies with all requirements stated in the call.
The SDU budget sheet should be used to calculate the salary for all employees working on the project. It is a required to use the SDU budget sheet if the applied amount exceeds 1 mio. DKK ex. Overhead. There is a video below that shows how the budget sheet works.
- Is co-financing a requirement?
- Is it possible to apply for salary for a permanent employed researcher and/or the main applicant?
- Is it possible to apply for pay for technical or administrative personnel?
- Is it possible to apply for coverage of indirect costs (overhead)?
- What is the norm for the number of work hours each year?
- Is there a specific template that should be used for the budget when submitting the proposal to the foundation?
However, before preparing the budget it is important that you understand the guidelines of the fund concerned.
In addition, it is important to have an overview of which resources are necessary for the completion of the project. An application can risk rejection if it is evaluated that there are not enough resources for the proposed activities. At the same time, it is important not to apply for more funds than necessary. This could affect the application negatively.
Remember that all budgets must be approved by both the Head og unit and Head of Department before submission. Furthermore, must alle budgets applying for over 1 mio. DKK be approved by the Financial Services at SDU. Therefore, it is important to start the preparation of the budget early to ensure all necessary approvals.
TEK Innovation offers assistance regarding budget approvals. But remember that all applications must be registered and that TEK Innovation or TEK Økonomi must be contacted before the application is sent, even if the budget is under 1.000.000 DKK.