HCA Airport, Odense Municipality, and SDU joined forces in May 2017 creating the new UAS Denmark – an international drone test center, located in HCA Airport, ensuring excellent conditions for growth in the UAS industry.
UAS Denmark comprises a national industry collaboration with 150 drone companies and an international drone test center in HCA Airport.
UAS Denmark offers unique services and locations
- 867 km2 designated airspace over Northern Funen in which drones will have first priority to fly
- Possibility for testing drones over sea, land and close to Odense, third largest city in Denmark
- Long distance BVLOS operations – Beyond Visual Line of Sight
- Restricted airspace will appear on the official map of Danish airspace, Aeronautical Information Service
- Fast approval process for operations below 150 kg
The Danish government supports UAS Denmark and the cooperation is a result of the National Drone Strategy launched in September 2016.
For more information please go to www.uasdenmark.dk