The business potential of the drone industry relies on the ability to fly BVLOS (Beyond Visual Line of Sight).
In order to fly BVLOS, you need to file a SORA (Specific Operations Risk Assessment) application to the traffic authorities. The SORA method is a complicated risk assessment that involves many items to consider.
SDU UAS Center has generated insight in SORA applications by writing several successful applications and conducting BVLOS flights in the airspace over Northern Funen.
We invite you to take part in a 3-days workshop on SORA applications. The aim of the workshop is to share our expertise and guide you in making your own SORA application for BVLOS flights in Denmark.
Program of SORA Workshop
- New European Regulation
- Overview of SORA
- Defining your CONOPS (concept of operations)
- Presentation by AFIS regarding area and risk Assessment
- Presentation from DTCA
- Review Emergency Reaction Plan
- Review OSOs
- Work on individual OSOs and responses
- Discuss Danish specific rules and regulations
- Conduct any Licensing, Insurance, drone markings as required
- Continue writing workshop
- Finalize individual applications and submit to DTCA
Up-coming workshops in 2020:
- 18. - 20. August 2020
- 3. - 5. November 2020
SDU UAS Test Center, HCA Airport, Beldringevej 252, 5270 Odense
11.250 DKK (Equivalent to 1.500 Euro)*.
Sign-up for our August workshop here: https://www.conferencemanager.dk/soraworkshop
Marianne Iversen, Safety manager, SDU UAS Center
* The Business Regions (regionale Erhvervshuse) might have applicable support programs to cover part of the costs. Please apply your local Business Region. For Business Region Funen, please contact Lars Almind Knudsen, email@example.com .