EMC - Electromagnetic compatibility
Component and module level EMC characterisation and mitigation
Applications and keywords
EMC design; EMC test, measurement and analysis; spurious emission; EMI filtering; components; SI/PI; desense
Consumer and industrial electronics; power electronics; automotive; electro mobility; wireless
The EMC lab has equipment for the most common legally mandatory EMC test including
- Radiated emission and immunity
- Spurious emission test
- Conducted emission
- ESD, burst and surge
In addition, the EMC lab provides diagnostic work including near-field scanning.
Services for companies
For reasonable sized electronic devices (less than approximately 1 m x 1 m x 1 m) we provide
- pre-compliance radiated emission test (30 MHz – 18 GHz) according to CISPR 16-2-3 and most product standards
- compliance conducted emission test according to CISPR 16-2-1 and most product standards
- compliance radiated immunity test according to EN/IEC 61000-4-3 and most product standards
- ESD test according to EN61000-4-2
- fast transient (burst) test according to EN61000-4-4
- surge test according to EN61000-4-5.
The lab provides phase resolved near-field scan at component or printed circuit board level.
We recommend doing the test as early as possible in the project leaving time to make necessary product changes. The lab provides consultancy regarding EMC design – first time right.
Associate Professor, PhD
Centre for Industrial Electronics (CIE)
Mads Clausen Institute
T +45 6550 8388