Structural test lab
High resolution imaging of non-organic and organic materials and their composite structures with high contrast and without charging artefacts.
Description/Services for companies
- High resolution imaging of non-organic and organic materials and their composite structures with high contrast and without charging artefacts.
- Sub-10nm nanostructures fabrication – for lithography, photonics/plasmonics etc.
- Electrical measurements - sample conductivity, resistance etc.
- Non-destructive reconstruction of internal microstructure of objects as largeas >300 mm in diameter as well submicron resolution for smaller samples.
- Energy-dispersive X-ray (EDX) material analysis for quantitative analysis of samples providing detailed information of a sample’s chemical composition.
Technical specification of equipment
Helium ion microscope Zeiss ORION NanoFab
- Helium ion beam resolution: 0.5 nm @ 30 kV; beam energy: 10 – 30 kV
- Neon ion beam resolution: 1.9 nm @ 25 kV; beam energy: 10 – 25 kV
- Gallium FIB resolution: 3 nm @ 30 kV; beam energy: 1 – 30 kV
Atomic force microscope Nanonics MultiView 4000
- Scan resolution: <0.05 nm (Z), <0.15 nm (XY).
- Scan range: up to 130 microns (XYZ) with sample & probe scanning.
- Sample size: up to 34 mm, up to 70 grams.
X-Ray nanotomograph Bruker SkyScan 2214
- Scan resolution: <120 nm (pixel size), <500 nm (low-contrast spatial resolution, >10% MTF).
- X-Ray source: 20-160 kV with W filament, 20-100 kV with LaB6 filament, up to 16 W.
- Sample size: up to 300 mm in diameter, up to 400 mm in length, up to 25 kg.
Scanning electron microscope Hitachi S-4800
- Scan resolution: 2 nm @ 1 kV; 1 nm @ 15 kV
- Sample size: up to 110 mm in diameter, up to 17 mm in height.
Centre for Industrial Electronics (CIE)
Mads Clausen Institute
T +45 4552 1666