While using OPEN Biobank the laboratory knows exactly where the individual sample is located - placement in box, rack and freezer. When and whom the sample is from as well as type of sample and amount. There is control of delivery, both in and out, and residues.
OPEN Biobank is used by the following laboratories:
- Department of Clinical Biochemistry and Pharmacology, Odense University Hospital, Odense
- Department of Clinical Immunology, Odense University Hospital, Odense
- Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Odense University Hospital, Svendborg
- Department of Oncology, Odense University Hospital, Odense
- Section Clinical Biochemistry, Hospital South West Jutland, Esbjerg
- Blood samples & Biochemistry, Hospital South Jutland, Aabenraa & Sønderborg
How much is OPEN Biobank?
Economy in regards to the laboratory's handling of you biological material is agreed-upon by the project and the laboratory. Your research project is admissioned in OPEN and you make an independent deal with the relevant laboratory about the handling of the biological material.
The use of OPEN Biobank
The laboratory generates labels and registrate your biological material in the OPEN Biobank database, allowing full control of what the biobank contains, exactly where the material is located and how much remains when you start extracting again.
The sample handeling laboratory has an opportunity to generate reports of the content in the biobank as well as generate retrieval lists with specifications of the tubes' placement to ensure a smooth work procedure when delivering material from the biobank. There is a continuous development to improve OPEN Biobank and one of the developing areas is to give each project manager the opportunity to draw reports about their own biobank.
If you wish to use OPEN Biobank to keep track of your samples, you project must be admissioned to OPEN. You will find the application form here.
Contact the sample handeling laboratories
You can contact the relevant laboratory on the following email adresses:
- Research service at Department of Clinical Biochemistry and Pharmacology, OUH Odense, contact ODE.KBF.Projekter@rsyd.dk
- Department of Clinical Biochemistry, OUH Svendborg, contact email@example.com
- Department of Clinical Immunology, OUH Odense, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Section R-lab (oncology), OUH Odense, contact email@example.com
- Section Clinical Biochemistry, Hospital South West Jutland, Esbjerg, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blood samples & Biochemistry, Hospital South Jutland, Aabenraa & Sønderborg, contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org (Tina Jessen)
If you are responsible for a laboratory in the Region of Southern Denmark and you wish to know more about the possibility of using OPEN Biobank in your department, please contact email@example.com.