OPEN organises an introduction course in Stata for you, who wishes to learn more about the basic use of the program.
To give the participants knowledge of the basic use of Stata, including data import and basic data management.
Stata is a software for both data management as well as simple and advanced statistical analyses and is commonly used for analyses in health research at University of Southern Denmark and Odense University Hospital.
The course is targeted at clinical researchers with no experience with Stata.
Notice that the course does not give and introduction on statistical methods, but only the use of Stata.
During the course, small tasks will be done in Stata, therefore you need to bring your own computer with Stata 14 or 15 installed (Stata 13 will do, if necessary).
If you do not have access to Stata, please contact Sören Möller firstname.lastname@example.org before enrolment.
Morning: Basic elements when using Stata
- This is what Stata looks like: Windows, menu etc.
- Where are my data? Working directory and file placement
- To document what you do: Do-files
- To document what you have done: Log files
- To open, save and look at data: Use/Save/Browse
- Import of data from REDCap and Excel/CSV files
- The help-function: Help
Afternoon: Basic elements of datamanagement in Stata
- The dataconcept of Stata: A (two-dimensional) data set
- Overview: Codebook/tab/summarise
- To create new variables: Generate/replace
- Types of variables and converting: Numbers/text/dates
- Description of data: Labels
- Conversion of data: Merge/reshape/collapse
Time and place
Please see Plan2Learn : https://rsd.plan2learn.dk/KursusValg.aspx?id=50789
The course is free of charge for employees at the Region of Southern Denmark and Department of Clinical Research, University of Southern Denmark.
If you wish to participate, but are not employed any of these places, please inform invoice details at enrolment. In this case, participation will cost DKK 1.200.
Enrolment via Plan2Learn: https://rsd.plan2learn.dk/KursusValg.aspx?id=50789
Sören Möller, biostatistician and lecturer, OPEN – Odense Patient data Explorative Network,Odense University Hospital and Department of Clinical Research, University of Southern Denmark.