Contact: Professor Moustapha Kassem, firstname.lastname@example.org
More information about the research group: http://kmeb.sdu.dk/
The overall goal of our research is to improve health of patients with endocrine diseases through understanding disease mechanisms and identifying cellular and molecular approaches for diagnosis and therapy. The research unit has extensive experience with working with cell and molecular approaches as applied to endocrine diseases. In particular, we are interested in studying stem cell biology and the use of stem cells in regenerative medicine protocols. Currently, we have the following active projects:
- Study the biology of bone marrow stromal stem cells (MSC) and their contribution to metabolic bone diseases e.g. age-related osteoporosis and bone fragility caused by obesity and type 2-diabetes.
- Study interaction between bone and whole body energy metabolism through identification of secreted factors produced by MSC.
- Study bone marrow adipose tissue biology and clinical significance.
- We are a partner in a number of clinical trials of regenerative medicine using MSC in treating patients with non-healing bone fractures, osteoarthritis, non-healing anorectal fistulas.
- We employ state-of-the-art technologies of cell culture, animal models including genetically modified mice as well as methods of global genome and proteome analysis.
- Moustapha Kassem Professor, head of research
- Justyna Kowal Postdoctoral scientist
- Florence Figeac Postdoctoral scientist
- Tina Kamilla Lisberg Nielsen Laboratory technician
- Li Chen Assistant professor
- Michaela Tencerova Assistant professor
- Nicholas Ditzel Research assistant
- Nina Wærling Hansen Research assistant
- Tina Hansen Barbisan Personal assistant
- Abbas Jafari assistant professor
- David Petersen post-doctoral scientist
- Lone Christiansen Laboratory technician
Dalia Ayesh Hafez Ali
University of Southern Denmark
- Professor Susanne Mandrup, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Professor Jens Andersen and Assistant Professor Blagoy Blagoyov: Centre for Bioinformatics (CeBi)
University of Copenhagen
- Professor Matthias Mann, Center for proteome analysis, Panum Institute
- Professor Zach Gerhart-Hines , Center for Metabolism, Panum Institute
University of Aarhus
- Professor Jørgen Kjems, iNANO, Institute of molecular biology,
- Professor Mattias Dobbelstein: Department of Molecular Oncology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Göttingen, Germany
- Professor Michael Amling: Centre for Biomechanics & Skeletal Biology, University Medical Centre Hamburg, Eppendorf, Germany
- Associate Professor Anna-Marja Saamanen (Department of Medical Biochemistry and Genetics, University of Turku, Turku, Finland
- Professor Jorge Laborda Fernandez: Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad de Castilla-La Mancha (UCLM), Albacete Area, Spain
- Associate Professor Abdullah Al-Damash: Stem Cell Unit, Department of Anatomy, College of Medicine, King Saud University, Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Professor Jyotsna Dhawan, The Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine (inStem), Bangalore, India
- Dr Prabha D. Nair, Division of Tissue Engineering and Regeneration Technologies, Biomedical Technology, Sree Chrita Triunal Institute for Medical Sciences & Technology, Trivandrum, India