Contact: Professor René Støving, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Endocrine Research group is participating in a highly specialized multidisciplinary center for eating disorders. Patients with severe anorexia nervosa must be medically stable before they can engage in meaningful psychiatric work. The center has the only specialized somatic section in Denmark for patients with a severe and life-threatening stage of the disease. Moreover, the center has the only professor in eating disorders in Denmark. The research areas cover different aspects of eating disorders: metabolism, hunger adaptation, stress, somatic complications, microbiome, exercise addiction, clinical randomized trials, quality of life, and epidemiological outcome studies.
- René Klinkby Støving,
Professor, specialist chief physician, MD, PhD,
Nutrition Clinic, Center for Eating Disorders
Odense University Hospital
Psychiatric Services in the Region of Southern Denmark
Department of Clinical Research, University of Southern Denmark.
- Jacob Frølich, Centre for Eating Disorders, Department of Endocrinology, Odense University Hospital & Psychiatry of Region Southern Denmark, University of Southern Denmark, Denmark.
- Simone Daugaard Hemmingsen, Centre for Eating Disorders, Department of Endocrinology, Odense University Hospital & Psychiatry of Region Southern Denmark, University of Southern Denmark, Denmark.
National and International collaborators:
- Jan Magnus Sjögren. Eating Disorder Unit, Mental Health Center Ballerup, Copenhagen. University of Copenhagen
- Laura Al-Dakhiel Winkler, MD, PhD. Centre for Eating Disorders, Department of Endocrinology, Odense University Hospital & Psychiatry of Region Southern Denmark, University of Southern Denmark, Denmark
- Mia beck Lichtenstein. Associate Professor at the Department of Psychology, University of Southern Denmark. Research leader and psychologist at Psychiatry in Region South Denmark. Telepsychiatric Center
- Loa Clausen, PhD, Research Psychologist. Child and Youth Psychiatric Center, Central Denmark Region. The research section, Aarhus University Hospital
- Claire M. Gudex, MBChB, MPH, MD. Department of Clinical Research, University of Southern Denmark
- Hans-Christoph Steinhausen, professor, M.D., Dipl. Psych., Ph.D., D.M.Sc. Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Psychiatric University Hospital of Zurich, Switzerland Clinical Psychology and Epidemiology, Institute of Psychology, University of Basel, Switzerland
- Niels Bilenberg, MD, PhD, professor, PhD. Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Psychiatric Services in the Region of Southern Denmark
- Bjørn Richelsen, professor, MD. Dr. Med. Sci. Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
- Bo Abrahamsen, professor, MD. Dr. Med. Sci. Department of Medicine, Holbæk Hospital, Holbæk, Denmark. OPEN, Institute of Clinical Research, University of Southern Denmark, Odense, Denmark
- Sidse Marie Hemmingsen Arnfred, professor, MD, M.Sc, PhD, DMSc. Psychiatry, Zealand, Slagelse
- Carol E. Adair, professor, MSc. PhD. Departments of Community Health Sciences and Psychiatry, Faculty of Medicine University of Calgary, Health Sciences Centre, Calgary, Canada
- Pia Veldt Larsen, associate prophessor. Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of Southern Denmark, Odense, Denmark
- Professor Cynthia Bulik. Department of Medical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden. Department of Nutrition, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA
- Oluf Borbye Pedersen, MD, DMSCi, Professor, Director. Center for Basic Metabolic Research (CBMR), Section of Metabolic Genetics, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen
- Gry Kjærsdam Telléus, psychologist PhD. Unit for Psychiatric Research, Aalborg University Hospital
- Lotte Poulsen, MD. PhD. Department of Plastic Surgery, Odense University Hospital, Odense, Denmark,
- Jens P. Goetze, professor. Department of Clinical Biochemistry, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- Stinus Hansen, MD, PhD, Hospital of Southwest Jutland, the Endocrinology unit and bariatric team
- Susan Carlson, Master of Science in Physiotherapy, Department of Sport and Biomechanics, University of Southern Denmark. Department of Rehabilitation, Odense University Hospital, Denmark.