A quantitative method for estimating lumbar muscle size and fat content from MRI has been developed at the University of Utah. In this study, we apply this method to MRIs taken three times with four-year intervals in the Backs on Funen Study in order to investigate how the actual morphology and the changes over time relate to back pain.
- Per Kjær, University of Southern Denmark
- Charlotte Leboeuf-Yde, Spine Centre of Southern Denmark and University of Southern Denmark
- Jeff Hebert, School of Chiropractic and Sports Science, Murdoch University, Australia
- Bruce Walker, School of Chiropractic and Sports Science, Murdoch University, Australia
- Julie Fritz, University of Utah, USA