Traffic injury insurance regulations and legislation varies across jurisdictions. Recent research suggests that insurance factors have an impact on patient recovery after injury. The aim of this collaboration is to develop a network of stakeholders interested in the impact of various insurance factors (i.e., social determinants of recovery) on traffic injuries. The goal is to identify these factors and propose solutions that could be implemented and tested to improve patient recovery.
- J. David Cassidy, University of Southern Denmark and Dalla Lana School of Public Health, University of Toronto, and Toronto Western Research Institute, University Health Network, Canada
- Rachid Salmi, University of Bordeaux, School of Public Health
- Lena Holm, Karolinska Institutet, Institute of Environmental Medicine
- Emmanuel Lagade, University of Bordeaux, School of Public Health
- Carol Cancelliere, University of Toronto, Clinical Epidemiology and Health Care Research, Institute of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation, University of Toronto
- Jan Buitenhuis, University of Medical Center Groningen, Insurance Medicine