Phone: +45 6550 3709
My research interest is cardiovascular diseases. With a special on murine models of vascular remodeling in atherosclerosis, abdominal aortic aneurysm and neointima formation after wire induced injury. I have primarily focused on the influence of prostanoids on the progression of atherosclerosis and abdominal aortic aneurysms, but also the contribution of immune cells and degradation products of the damaged vascular wall on the progression of these disease models are being investigated in order to get a better understanding of these complicated diseases. Together with collaborators at OUH we are trying to find new potential biomarker that can be clinical relevant in diagnosing the disease stage and to identify new therapeutic targets preventing disease progression.
Methods and Techniques
In vivo murine models of atherosclerosis, abdominal aortic aneurysms, and vascular remodeling. Isolation and culturing of primary murine cells, histological and morphological analyses, qRT-PCR, western blottings
Pregraduate Camilla Bengtsen and Anne Katrine Kurtzhals, masterstudent Sayed Hanif Sadat , Bachelor students: Nelly Bjørnes and Sara Dahlmann
Teaching endocrinology on module 7 for medical and biomecanics; Medical physiology for biomedical-, Pharmacy- and welfare engineer students
OUH: Jes S. Lindholt; Lars M. Rasmussen
Membership in Societies
Danish Heart Association, Danish Hypertension Society, The Scandinavian Physiological Society, DACRA ,the European Counsil for Cardiovascular research (ECCR), and American Physiological Society
- Yu, Y., Lucitt, M., Stubbe, J, Cheng, Y., Hansen, P.B., Jensen, B.L., Smyth, E., FitzGerald, GA. Prostaglandin F2α elevates blood pressure and promotes atherosclerosis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 106(19):7985-90, 2009.
- Yu, Y., Stubbe, J., Ibrahim, S., Song, W.L., Smyth, E.M., Funk, C.D., FitzGerald, G.A. Cyclooxygenase-2-dependent prostacyclin formation and blood pressure homeostasis: targeted exchange of cyclooxygenase isoforms in mice. Circ Res. 106(2):337-45, 2010.
- Song,W.L.٭,Stubbe, J.٭, Ricciotti, E., Alamuddin, N., Ibrahim, S., Critchon, I., Prempeh, M., Lawson, J.A., Wilensky, R., Rasmussen, L.M., Puré, E., FitzGerald, G.A. Niacin and biosynthesis of PGD2 by platelet COX-1 in mice and humans. J Clin Invest, 2; 122(4):1459-68, 2012. (* shared co-first author)
- Øzbay, L.A., Stubbe, J., Jespersen, B., Jensen, B.L. The effects of calcineurin inhibitors on prostanoid synthesis: A randomized cross-over study in healthy humans. Transpl Int. 2013 Feb;26(2):131-7.
- Eskildsen, M. P., Hansen, P.B. L., Stubbe, J., Walter, S., Marcussen, N., Hartwigsen, A., Rasmussen, L. M., Vanhoutte, P, Jensen, B. L. PGI2 and PGE2 modulate human intrarenal artery contractility through prostanoid receptors EP4, IP and TP. Hypertension. 2014 Sep;64(3):551-6. doi: 10.1161.