2019 - 2021
The purpose of the project ’Commercialization of PPI-solutions’ is to support firms in getting their prototypes ready for the market. In other words; ‘getting proof of concept’, which is turning an early prototype into a working prototype to demonstrate that it works and evaluating its feasibility. However, the road from concept to market is fraught with obstacles, and many businesses fail to pass beyond the development stage into the commercialization stage. This is also why this transformation process is often called the ’Valley of Death’.
By supporting the firms economically (through EU regional funds) it is expected that the project will contribute positively to growth in employment, sales and export opportunities for the firms. Besides financial support, it is also anticipated that firms’ solutions will be validated through the Public-Private Innovations, as the partners will jointly test, develop and adjust the solutions.
Funding is only provided when private firms collaborate with public parties to test and develop their prototypes. By connecting private firms to public organizations, firms improve their chances of adjusting their solutions in accordance with valuable public domain knowledge and feedback.
Financed by: The European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and Region of Southern Denmark
Danish small and medium-sized firms, municipalities, hospitals, associations, and knowledge centers.
- Majbritt Evald, Associate Professor, Project Manager and firm sparring partner
- Ann Højbjerg Clarke, Associate Professor, Firm sparring partner
- Per Vagn Freytag, Professor, Firm sparring Partner
- Martin Senderovitz, Associate Professor, Firm sparring Partner
- Anna Marie Dyhr Ulrich, Associate Professor, Firm sparring Partner
- Bo Mortensen, Assistant Professor, Firm sparring Partner