The e-book as engaging learning resource. The focus of the project was the design, development, and use of e-books for teaching and learning. The result was an electronic history of Denmark produced by history students in Kolding. The history of Denmark was based on caricature drawings.
The e-books (in Danish) may be found here:
- Karikaturtegninger og Danmarkshistorie, http://star.dcbib.dk/publikationer/E01.htm
VIMU: In 2008, a virtual museum www.vimu.info was established which focuses on the history of the Danish-German border region from 1830 until today. The museum was developed in a collaboration between University of Southern Denmark, Fachhochschule Kiel and Institut für schleswig-holsteinische Zeit- und Regionalgeschichte.
The project was further developed in the project VIMU on iPad which investigated the pedagogical and technical possibilities and barriers of adapting historical material from a website to an e-textbook. Parts of the content from the online museum was published in six e-books in January 2014. The e-books (in Danish) may be found here:
- Grænser. Den dansk-tyske grænseregions historie 1, https://itunes.apple.com/dk/book/gr-nser/id739695612?mt=11
- Politik. Den dansk-tyske grænseregions historie 2, https://itunes.apple.com/dk/book/politik/id799395483?mt=11
- Erhverv. Den dansk-tyske grænseregions historie 3, https://itunes.apple.com/dk/book/erhverv/id799405928?mt=11
- Samfund. Den dansk-tyske grænseregions historie 4, https://itunes.apple.com/dk/book/samfund/id799418772?mt=11
- Kultur. Den dansk-tyske grænseregions historie 5, https://itunes.apple.com/dk/book/kultur/id813715486?mt=11
- Havet. Den dansk-tyske grænseregions historie 6, https://itunes.apple.com/dk/book/havet/id799421688?mt=11